Saturday, September 17, 2011

Where'd that Come From?

I've always loved sports. I think my dad wanted me to be a boy so he raised me on sports......and I'm cool with that. Girls dominate. I remember like it was yesterday playing on my first "co-ed" team. Co-ed meaning my existence as a girl on the court made it "co-ed." I wore that Orange jersey proudly as I towered over those weak 5 year old boys. I was no good but my dad would teach me. I then picked up his old first base mit that he used growing up and fell in love with baseball. Grew up cheering on the Atlanta Braves. I was sure I would marry Chipper Jones. Played basketball and softball every year and even got involved throwing the shot-put and discus. Sports was my life. One sport that I never watched/played/know it existed is soccer. How boring. So not a sport I'm into. Well folks......Living in Latin America has changed me. Here it is like God...then soccer. EVERYONE knows how to play and they are all good. It is amazing. It brings families together, friends, even enemies will join around to watch the World Cup. Well......friends...I started playing soccer. We have tournaments with Master's and I am new to the blue team. We are 2-0! I scored my first goal last Sunday! Although I cannot really move my body right now I am enjoying the new sport. Here are some pics of my first game:





WORD OF THE DAY: futbol
LITERAL MEANING: soccer
How I see it: My newest addiction