Wednesday, September 21, 2011

"Going to the Chapel and We're Gunna get Married!"

No.
Not me.
Not yet.
Only God knows when that will happen.
Soon I hope.
Anyways.....I was in my very first wedding. Never expected it to be in El Salvador. My friend Crisi got married to another friend of mine named William. (aka Chele....because he is light skinned.) I was asked to be the Maid of Finances. Weddings here are slightly different. Each brides maid has an object that they present to the couple that is tying the knot......for example....a Bible.....a photo album.......a laso that represents unity.....communion.....and me.....well not me...but my coins that each represent something. I was so nervous but it all worked out well and they are happily married serving as assistant Children's Pastors in our church.


Praying over the Couple.

The Bride and I


Chele and me!

WORD OF THE DAY: boda
LITERAL MEANING: wedding
HOW I SEE IT: my next big event