Wednesday, March 30, 2011

"...but the greatest of these is LOVE." 1 Corinthians 13:13

I worked on a team from Canada last week. We did a lot of street ministry in some new areas of the country. We participated in a Miracle Crusade where God performed many miracles. Many lives of the team members were forever changed. My absolute favorite part of the week was when we went to visit SHALOM, a children's home. (www.harvesting.org)


The team brought home-made cards from Canada and tons of toys and goodies. I think the thing the kids liked the most was a hug and a smile........and a few pushes on the swing! 





We did a full King's Castle Program full of games, skits,dances, songs, and the word, and an awesome time of prayer.





The lady that started it all. Rosa Anna Benner.

You know.....sometimes throughout life I have wondered....what happens to kids when they turn 18? Are they equipped to live life? Do they really make it? How are they socially? Do these "homes" really do good in terms of life skills? Well I can answer these questions about SHALOM. How? Well.....we have 4 students from SHALOM in Master's Commission. They are incredible students. They are super intelligent, outgoing, speak English, love the Lord, and are ready to serve Him. It has got to be encouraging to the directors. It is super encouraging to me. 

Who are you loving on today?
WORD OF THE DAY: HOGAR
LITERAL MEANING: HOME
HOW I SEE IT: where my suitcase is.....